Don and the Don is a 2012 American 3D computer-animated buddy comedy-drama film produced by Lix Animation Digital and directed by Jake Sharratt. The film features the voices of Zachary Gordon, Bill Hader, Megan Mullally, Eugene Levy, Justin Timberlake and Sarah Vowell. It tells a story of an 11-year-old boy named Don R. Fenelson, who is a mad scientist which makes a creature named "The Don" (aka Creat-Don) and joins adventures to go crazy, wild and be together.
Paramount Pictures released the film on July 27, 2012. The film received generally positive reviews from film critics.
- Zachary Gordon as Don R. Fenelson, a 11-year-old mad scientist.
- Bill Hader as The Don (aka Creat-Don), a creature created by Don R. Fenelson.
- Megan Mullally as Judy Fenelson, Don's mom.
- Eugene Levy as Frank Fenelson, Don's dad.
- Justin Timberlake as Larry Fenelson, Don's bigger brother.
- Sarah Vowell as Lucy McSmothy, Don's love interest.
- Jake Sharratt as Mr. Pants, The Don's pants.
- Harry Shearer as News Reporter, on TV Announcer.
- Bob Bergen as Cam
- Patrick Warburton as Officer Woods, the police officer.
- Wallace Shawn as the principal
- Tom Kenny as Paul, sitting toilet.
Sharratt pitched the idea for the film in 2007 during the release of Greenuts 2, saying "This is the one I want to do next." Lix Animation Digital officially announced the film on October 17, 2008 under the title The Big Creature, but in 2010, it was retitled Don and the Don.
- Main article: Don and the Don (soundtrack)
Paramount Home Media Distribution released the film on DVD and Blu-ray on December 15, 2012.