Differences between the game and the movieEdit
- Pip, Giggs, and Bob do not appear in the first game, but they do appear in the television series as well as the second game.
- The film's name in Japan is just CharmingBoy.
- This is the only traditionally-animated DreamWorks film to use the 2004-2009 DreamWorks Animation logo that was first used in Shrek 2 (2004). All of DreamWorks' traditionally-animated/non-CGI films use the 1997 DreamWorks Pictures logo that is currently also used for live-action films. The 1997 logo was used in the first two teaser trailers and some TV spots for the movie, however. The last animated film to use the 1997 DreamWorks Pictures logo was Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas.
- This is the first time that DreamWorks Animation had released three films in the same year.
- This is the only DreamWorks Animation film to have more veteran voice actors rather than celebrities.
- Co-director Kevin Lima, writers Tab Murphy and Noni White and editor Gregory Perler all previously worked on the 1999 Disney animated film Tarzan.
- In the original theatrical release of the film, the "SKG" text is removed and it only read "DreamWorks Animation", just like in Shrek 2.